Early bird vendor presentations will be available from 8:10-8:55am. Don't forget to arrive early, seats will fill up fast.
- Bringing the Personal Instructional Element to your Online Course with Wimba, Presented by Wimba
- Protecting Your Network from the Great Unknown, Presented by Lightspeed Systems
- Evisions ARGOS--Reporting Redefined! Presented by Evisions
- The Connected Campus: Unified Communications Applications for Collaboration and Safety, Presented by Cisco Systems
Presented by: Wimba
Location: Meeting Room 2
Want to achieve instructional objectives that cannot be reached with CMS’s? Wimba turns your computer into a hub where people teach people, allowing you to reach such objectives as fostering instructive dialogue, creating hands-on interaction, and ensuring access to as many students as possible. In the last decade technology has changed education forever. There are computers everywhere in our schools and online educational offerings are growing rapidly. But technology doesn’t teach people, people do. People learn by collaborating among themselves and with their teachers. Wimba software helps students and teachers connect by combining interactive technologies such as voice, video, application sharing, polling, whiteboarding, podcasting, and instant messaging with an educators’ mission stimulate the most powerful and mysterious educational tool of all the time – the mind. This presentation will give tangible examples of how schools across the country have used Wimba on their campuses to add the value of real-time interaction to their Blackboard, WebCT, and other online courses. Instructors can better assess the needs of their distributed students, and students can get timely answers to specific questions as they arise.
Back to top.
Presented By: Presented by Lightspeed Systems
Location: Meeting Room 3
Built specifically for securing K-12 networks and protecting millions of students nationwide, Total Traffic Control gives you a single admin console to see everything running on your network and control any detected issues. Monitor and report network and user activity, let end users manage spam, manage Internet access for various groups, limit or block P2P and instant messaging, secure the gateway and desktops from known/unknown threats, archive e-mail and instant messaging, and manage your bandwidth-all from a single interface.
Three things that participants will learn:
- Participants will learn how K-12 IT directors across the country have protected both their networks and people from online threats with Total Traffic Control.
- Participants will learn how a comprehensive security solution like Total Traffic Control can help eliminate activities and security threats that distract or deter from student learning.
- Participants will learn how to stay compliant with current laws such as CIPA and message journaling laws.
Presented by: Evisions
Location: Meeting Room 4A
Having worked with fine educational institutions the world-over, Evisions has created the preeminent web-based ad hoc reporting solution—just for you. See the difference intense dedication and innovative development can deliver. Reporting Redefined.
Argos can report from any database; Oracle, Access, SQL, etc. Specific to Banner, users have had great success using Argos to report from the ODS and EDW. Argos can tie directly into Banner security and allows drill security down to the field and record level.
Learn about webbased ad-hoc report writing
Specific for Higher Education
Presented by Cisco Systems
Location: Meeting Room 4B
Presented by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Location: Meeting Room 4C
Summary: Learn how to make leverage eRate. Find hidden dollars you didn’t know existed. Sun Microsystems hosts industry expert Jon Slaughter of Erate Consulting Services. ERC provides vendor neutral assistance to Service Providers, Schools, Libraries, Districts and Consortia's with the application and fund management process.